Sunday, April 03, 2011

Introducing Glorie B


Okay, it’s been a while since I last posted. Actually, I have not posted since my travels began four months ago. So, I’ve been contemplating just how to jump back into the blog-o-sphere. I could detail my journey from the start, but this is a blog, not a book. So, I’ve decided to introduce my van home, Glorie B, by showing her off at a few of the places we have visited along the way...
Glorie B thought it was funny when I was blown back from a hike at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico after a sand storm hit. However, the joke was on her. Or should I say in her? A fine mist of white sand showered the stove from her vent every time she hit a bump for a week after.

The Painted Desert National Park in Arizona has exactly what Glorie B loves--open road with artistic flair. The stratified waves of burnt orange, brown and red against a forget-me-not sky really gets her motor going. 







Glorie B likes long rolls along the beach (or in this case, The Colorado River in Page, Arizona). She had heard the Colorado River is green or brown. But was happy to see for herself it's as blue as her beloved ocean.

Las Vegas is nice to look at, but Glorie B doesn't believe me. We hit it's roads during the day when the lights were out and so was the traffic. So, we escaped to Red Rock Canyon where Glorie B had plenty of room to pose for the camera. We will be rolling back to Vegas next week and I'm sure the bright lights will bedazzle her.Want to know more about Glorie B's escapades? She now has a Facebook profile all her own where she chats and posts pictures of her favorite subject: Glorie B! Click to make her your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails